News Release: Certified election results for the 2022 Markham Municipal Election
For immediate release
MARKHAM, ON – October 26, 2022 – Certified election results for the 2022 Markham Municipal Election are now published. Thirty-two per cent of registered voters cast their ballot for Markham City Council and local School Board Trustee offices. Seven per cent of registered voters cast a paper ballot, while 93 per cent cast an online ballot.
The City of Markham – Canada’s high-tech capital, which is located at the centre of the country’s second largest tech cluster – is a proud leader in digital democracy. It was the first local municipality in Canada to offer online voting in 2003 and continues to offer the longest running online voting program from coast-to-coast-to-coast.
This year, Elections Markham introduced a range of customer service enhancements to help break down barriers, make voting more convenient, accessible, safe, and empower all voters to have their say.
Here are the successful candidates for each office in the 2022 Markham Municipal Election:
Ward 1 Councillor
Ward 2 Councillor
Ward 3 Councillor
Ward 4 Councillor
Ward 5 Councillor
Ward 6 Councillor
Amanda Yeung Collucci
Ward 7 Councillor
Ward 8 Councillor
English Public Trustee (York Region District School Board)
Wards 1 & 8
Wards 2 & 6
Wards 3 & 4
Wards 5 & 7
English Catholic Trustee (York Catholic District School Board)
Wards 1, 2, 3 & 6
Wards 4, 5, 7 & 8
Visit ElectionsMarkham.ca/results for more information.
- “Congratulations to the successful candidates of the 2022 Markham Municipal Election, and to all of those who put their name forward to run for office and give back to our vibrant and diverse community. Thank you to all the Markham voters who had their say and exercised their democratic right to vote. As we get ready to start a new term of City Council, I also want to thank the countless members of Markham’s public service who worked tirelessly to host the municipal election and support local democracy.”
- Kimberley Kitteringham, City Clerk/Returning Officer, Elections Markham
- 2018 Official Certified Election Results [PDF]
- 2018 Online Voting Results (By Ward) [PDF]
- 2018 Paper Ballot Voting Results (By Location) [PDF]
- 2014 Official Certified Election Results [PDF]
– 30 –
Kisha Powell, Media Relations & Communications Specialist
About Elections Markham: Elections Markham is an independent, non-partisan division of the City of Markham, responsible for administering municipal elections, by-elections and referenda in Markham. Elections Markham strives to continue innovating its municipal elections, creating an accessible and inclusive experience, and empowering all voters to exercise their democratic right to vote. The City of Markham is a leader in digital democracy, is the first municipality in Canada to use online voting, and is the largest and longest-running lower-tier municipality nationwide to use online voting today.
About Markham: Markham, an award-winning municipality with more than 356,000 residents and the largest of nine communities in York Region, is home to over 650 headquartered companies and more than 1,500 high tech and life science companies. Markham is a leader in attracting foreign direct investment with more than 234 foreign companies located in the City. Founded in the 1790s, today Markham is Canada’s most diverse community and enjoys a rich heritage, outstanding community planning and services, and a vibrant local economy.